Uversity’s Scholarships support adult learners, who are not in a financial position, to enrol on and complete a Bachelor’s degree that will transform their lives and those around them. Preference will be given to candidates enrolling for a full-time Bachelor’s degree programme that can normally be completed in a maximum of four years in any subject in one of the participating institutions.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be 23 years and older by 1st January 2019
- be a citizen of an EEA member state or Switzerland AND resident in Ireland or Northern Ireland for 3 years or more by 1st January 2019
- be returning to higher education in 2019/20 after a break from education of 3 years or more or have recently completed a higher education progression / preparation course
- be admitted to a Bachelor’s degree or have a deferred offer for the 2019/20 academic year.
- be able to demonstrate:
- academic potential
- a clear motivation and ambition for returning to education
- a drive to succeed and a strong work ethic
- an ability to be transformed and transform others as a result of this scholarship and educational experience
- non-EEA citizens resident in Ireland / Northern Ireland must have permanent leave to remain at time of application.
- applicants who currently possess or are enrolled on a Bachelor’s degree programme ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
- applicants DO NOT need to have an offer at the time of application but if selected for a scholarship they must receive an offer on a Bachelor’s degree programme in one of the participating institutions to receive their scholarship.
- For Republic of Ireland applicants, Uversity’s scholarships are considered reckonable income for the purpose of means-tested social welfare benefits and SUSI grants. Offers will be subject to Uversity receiving an income disregard so that these benefits / grants are not adversely affected.