Uversity’s Scholarships will support adult learners, who are not in a financial position, to enrol on and complete a Bachelor’s degree that will transform their lives and those around them. Preference will be given to candidates enrolling for a full-time Bachelor’s programme that can normally be completed in a maximum of four years in any subject in one of the participating institutions.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be 23 years and older by 1st January in the year of enrolment
- be a citizen of an EEA member state or Switzerland resident in Ireland or Northern Ireland for 3 years or more by 1st January prior to the year of enrolment
- be returning to higher education in the 2018/19 or 2019/20 academic year after a break from education of 3 years or more or
- have completed a higher education progression / preparation course in the last 2 years
- apply to a participating institution(s) on the island of Ireland as per the institutions’ application processes and be offered a place on a Bachelor’s Programme for the 2018/19 or 2019/20 academic year. PLEASE NOTE that applicants DO NOT need to have an offer at time of application but if selected for a scholarship they must have received an offer and registered in their chosen programme to receive their first instalment of the scholarship.
- be able to demonstrate:
- socio-economic disadvantage and financial need (e.g. in receipt of social benefit)
- a clear and stated motivation for returning to education and an ambition for their educational journey
- a drive to succeed and strong work ethic
- an ability to be transformed and transform others as a result of this scholarship and educational experience